Carlsbad it's the
Perfect Village by the Sea
Your gateway to California’s most charming and unforgettable escapes. From world class resorts to quaint hotels, soak up the coastal splendor that is uniquely Carlsbad. The City was named after a famous spa in Karlsbad, Bohemia, when in 1882 the water in Carlsbad was found to have similar mineral content. This coastal city in northern San Diego County is nestled along the Pacific Coast Highway, and this charming town provides an old-world or small-town feel, while being in reach of two of Southern California’s largest cities — San Diego and Los Angeles.
Known as “The Village by the Sea,” the city offers the the relaxing beauty and charm of a European town with the conveniences of a large city. Carlsbad Village has it all. Whether you are searching for a perfect street taco or an elegant French bistro for a special occasion, or a home decor store for that perfect centerpiece, every imaginable type of retail store, restaurant, and service can be found. The Village is walkable, with the Coaster station in the heart of everything, and the beach is just two blocks away. As you stroll along streets lined with antique stores, sidewalk cafes, and boutique stores, you’ll soon discover much more, including miles of coastline, beautiful flower gardens and world-class resorts.
With a perfectly mild climate, each season offers a variety of unique events and activities, from street fairs to art walks. Steps away sit clean, uncrowded beaches for swimming, sunbathing and surfing as well as beautiful lagoons for fishing, bird-watching and nature trail hikes. Venture further to discover the unique destinations of LEGOLAND® California and SEA LIFE Aquarium or the nearby attractions of San Diego and Los Angeles.
Having only 103,000 residents, the city has also been able to maintain it gorgeous open spaces, while providing a friendly small-town atmosphere and unmatched amenities. No matter what you choose to do on vacation, this quaint town promises to offer up special experiences and fun-filled memories that will last a lifetime.
Ready to have some fun? The City of Carlsbad offers residents so many things to see and do, it’s hard to know where to start:
- Enjoy the arts? Home to one of the largest one-day festivals in the nation is Carlsbad Village Street Faire! With a wide variety of arts and culture offer a constant influx of creativity and inspiration don’t mistake this Cultural hot spot for a sleepy surfer village. Whether your tastes lie in fine arts, live concerts, classic cars or craft beers, this town is never short on amazing experiences. Check out the city’s sculpture garden, art gallery and free concerts in the park.
- Being active and healthy is part of the City’s way of life. Join a youth or adult sports league or sign up for the Super Hero Family Obstacle Race.
- Check out all the fun City of Carlsbad special events.
- Looking for a great read or low-cost entertainment? Enjoy choosing from more than 300,000 books, DVDs, CDs and audiobooks at the city’s three libraries.
- Ready to get back to nature? Take a walk on the extensive trail system. – The has approximately 67 miles of trails, supporting a healthy active lifestyle while protecting and preserving open space for residents to enjoy. Find trail locations throughout the city, including trails perfect for an easy scenic stroll, a challenging hike, mountain biking and beautiful views. Many trails also provide connections from neighborhoods to shops and local services.
- Of course Carlsbad is known for their Golfing with their famous 5 golf Courses – Make sure to visit The Crossings at Carlsbad – Enjoy spectacular ocean views while working on your game. An 18-hole championship golf course, open since August 2007 and designed by Greg Nash, a nationally recognized course designer and architect;
The only San Diego golf course designed by Arnold Palmer, Aviara features a memorable coastal layout: par 72 over 18 holes and 7,007 yards uniquely sculpted around rolling hillsides, native wildflowers, and plenty of bunker and water challenges. Hole after hole, Aviara golf stimulates the senses with colorful flowers and flowers –
- Want to meet other active adults 50+? The city’s senior center has programs and events all year long.
- Speaking of events, be sure to check the city’s online calendar for upcoming city events.
- Water activities abound year-round. Surf the coast’s beautiful beaches, take a boat or go fishing in one of the lagoons, swim at Alga Norte Aquatic Center or the Monroe Street Pool.
- Kids looking for something to do? Try one of the city’s beautiful parks, attend a library story time or sign up for classes and camps.
- Interested in local history? Take a self-guided tour of historic sites in Carlsbad.
- When visiting our trails don’t forget to stop by at The Aviara trail system which is one of the most diverse trail systems in the city offering a variety of nature experiences to trail users. The names of the various trails reflect a specific characteristic unique to that particular trail. All trails are unpaved. Some have steep or narrow sections; and of course see the ruins of the old copper mine, and the waterfalls of Copper Creek Falls Hike
- Median Age of Residents:40.29
- Median Commute Time:25 minutes
- Homes with Children:20.98%
- Average Family Size:2.00
- Total Population in Families:7,601
- Increase in Residents Income:22.99%↑
- Average Household Income:$111,778
- Average Education Reached: Bachelors Degree
No matter what activity you enjoy, you’ll find a beach that’s perfect for it. Hiking, biking, diving, surfing, birdwatching, rock hunting and more. Or maybe just quiet stroll where stress rolls off your shoulders like the waves roll upon the shore.
Beaches are such an important part of the City’s identity, many people are surprised to find out that the beaches along the coastline are not officially part of the city. Most of the beaches in Carlsbad are owned and managed by the California State Parks Department, which also provides the lifeguard service, restrooms, picnic areas and parking lots.
Dogs are not allowed on beaches in Carlsbad, but leashed dogs are welcome on the city’s extensive trail system.
Make sure to visit :
A few of the more popular neighborhoods in Carlsbad include:
*Bressi Ranch, *Aviara Neighborhood, *Carlsbad Village Neighborhood, *Rancho La Costa Neighborhood, *La Costa Oaks Neighborhood, *Robertson *Ranch Neighborhood, *Old Carlsbad Neighborhood, *Calavera Hills Village Neighborhood, *Carlsbad Village, *La Costa, *Calverra Hills Village, *Peacock, *Loma Alta, *Terramar Neighborhood
Zip Codes AND Population in Carlsbad
92008 – 27649, 92009 – 40747,
92010 – 14382 , 92011 – 22405
Nearby Cities, Towns and Neighborhoods
|Lake San Marcos, CA (8.3 miles ESE)
San Marcos, CA (10.5 miles E)
Bonsall, CA (11.1 miles NE)
Hidden Meadows, CA (7.1 miles ENE)
Vista, CA (6.6 miles ENE)
Rancho Santa Fe, CA (12.9 miles SE)
|Carlsbad, CA (7.4 miles WSW)
Oceanside, CA (3.1 miles NW)
Camp Pendleton South CDP, CA (4.9 miles NNW)
Escondido, CA (9.7 miles ESE)
Encinitas, CA (9.3 miles SSE)
Solana Beach, CA (12.6 miles SSE)
Things to Do in Carlsbad
Resources, highlights and information
Three lagoons cover more than 1,000 acres and include nature preserves, hiking trails and water recreation areas. Lagoons provide valuable open space, allowing the public to enjoy nature, exercise, relax and take in some of the most beautiful views in the world. Boats, personal watercraft and paddleboards are allowed on Agua Hedionda Lagoon.
Keep up with current events in Carlsbad
Find or Sell Your Home for Sale in Carlsbad
Updated Carlsbad Real Estate listings
Search find and Save Your favorite condos, townhomes, ADU’s, land for rent and homes for sale in Carlsbad, San Diego and North County. Also Research Carlsbad Real Estate Market Trends!
Use the tool below to find The Current and latest New Homes, Active, Expired or even Sold Listings in Carlsbad!
Our team is here to help you find your dream home.
If you are looking to sell your home in Carlsbad, feel free to contact us, and Don’t forget to ask for your Complimentary Area Market Reports!