California’s second largest city and the United States’ eighth largest. San Diego boasts a citywide population of nearly 1.3 million residents and more than 3 million residents countywide. Within its borders of 4,200 sq. miles, San Diego County encompasses 18 incorporated cities and numerous other charming neighborhoods and communities, including downtown’s historic Gaslamp Quarter, Little Italy, Coronado, La Jolla, Del Mar, Carlsbad, Escondido, La Mesa, Hillcrest, Barrio Logan and Chula Vista just to name a few.
From the surf to the city and everywhere in-between, and its warm, year-round climate, 50 miles of sun-soaked coastline and world-famous attractions, it truly is a top tourist destination. But this Southern California metropolis with a laid-back vibe is also home to cutting-edge businesses in life sciences, genomics, biotechnology, telecommunications, Smart City technology, software, electronics and other major innovative industries
Here are some of the Few Key Factors why San Diego is considered to be One of America’s Finest Cities, a great place to live and work:
- San Diego was Rated No. 4 among Top Life Science and Biosciences locations (Jones Lang LaSalle 2015)
- It is Considered to be No. 2 America’s Most Playful Cities
- Several of the County’s cities are among the top 100 places to live in all of California for 2019 – ChamberOfCommerce.org – These Cities Ranked in the Top 100
– Poway (No. 19) — Santee (No. 20) — Carlsbad (No. 22) — Encinitas (No. 35) — La Mesa (No. 57) — San Marcos (No. 68) — Oceanside (No. 75) — Vista (No. 82) — Lakeside (No. 88) — Spring Valley (No. 89) — Lemon Grove (No. 90) — El Cajon (No. 95)
- It is Considered among the healthiest counties in California, 2021 County Health Rankings and Roadmaps. – San Diego County was ranked 13th among all 58 counties in California.
- 14 advanced industries produce $42.1 billion and pay $116,600/year on average (Brookings Institution)
- It is Rated No. 1 in concentration of military/defense assets in the world (San Diego Military Advisory Council)
- San Diego is Rated No. 2 as the Most Inventive City in the World (Forbes 2013)
- Global connections with direct flights to Tokyo, London and Shanghai (Map attached)
- No. 1 most-patented Sports and Active lifestyle sector with 1,200-plus companies in the region (San Diego Regional EDC)
- Voted No. 5 in Best Counties for Young Professionals
- Home to University of California San Diego (UCSD), ranked No. 3 public university in the United States, No. 17 in the world (World University Rankings 2016)
- Ranked No. 1 for lowest average commute times among peer cities (Talent, Where San Diego Stands, 2016)
- Selected as one — and the only North American — city named among National Geographic’s “World Smart Cities” (2015)
- San Diego is was Called “Best Place to Launch a Startup” (Forbes 2014)
- Had record-breaking 2016, attracting 34.9 million visitors who spent an all-time-high $10.4 billion and supported a tourism sector of 183,000 jobs (San Diego Tourism Authority 2016)
- There are 80-plus educational and research institutes in the County
- Several school districts serve The County, with the San Diego Unified School District being the second largest in California.
- There are 335 private schools throughout the City of San Diego.
- About 369,878 San Diegans are enrolled in school, from nursery school to graduate or professional school.
- 17 percent of San Diegans have a graduate-level or higher degree, while 42.3 percent older than age 25, have at least a bachelor’s degree.
- Almost half (49.9 percent) of San Diegans older than age 25, have at least an associate’s degree while 87.3 percent older than 25, have at least a high school diploma.
Here we have provided a snapshot of each of the San Diego region’s 19 jurisdictions: Here we have provide demographics on historic, current and forecast population, housing, and employment data… and more!
San Diego Area Demographics
|Del Mar||San Diego|
|El Cajon||San Marcos|
|La Mesa||Unincorporated Area|
Information and Guides on San Diego Featured Neighborhoods – -Also Find Current and active Homes and Real Estate Listings for sale here –
Zillow Homes for sale have nothing on us 🙂 enjoy our site and find your future home with the Guidance of Your San Diego Agent
Make sure to Locate Brad and Karen Mattonen when looking for ” realtor and real estate agents and new homes near me ” – We are Your local San Diego Real Estate Expert